Re: ANN: GNUMail & Pantomime 1.2.3

From: Bertrand Gmail
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUMail & Pantomime 1.2.3
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 15:54:08 +0200

Hi ,

Le 25/08/2017 à 14:54, Riccardo Mottola a écrit :
Hi Xavier!

On 25/08/2017 13:28, Xavier Brochard wrote:
Thanks for this release!
I'm curently writing a short paper about it on the well known
http://linuxfr.org (in french)
Which I follow on a daily basis ;-)

(see http://linuxfr.org/redaction/news/gnumail-pantomime-1-2-3 for the
collaborative writing)

Great !
- in the past GNUMail suffered from stability, how is it now ?
I tried this last version on one of my systems but for now I suffer from duplicate mailboxes names and systematic crashes on each message download from the server. But I suspect a problem on this system. I'll have to investigate.

Moreover, I fail to configure an imap gmail account : I fail on the password transmission. On Thunderbird, the connection is said to "SSL/TLS" and the authentification method is said to be "OAuth2" and I don't know how to set this in GNUMail.

- on MacOSX what is you favorite mail application ? Why GNUMail is
better/worst ?

Snow Leopard's Mail ;-).

Cheers, Bertrand