GNUstep error handling

From: amon
Subject: GNUstep error handling
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 20:52:10 -0500

I've run across documentation in GNUstep that talks of NS_HANDLER,
etc, which I've never used. I presume this is something relatively
new from the Apple world as I don't remember it (or any error
handler) from NeXTstep and in fact I've pretty much always used
@try/@catch/@finally for about as long as I can remember and I
think before that I just rolled my own stack unwinder error
handler.

Are they just macro covers over the original syntax or do they
add some features?

I use a lot of @throw NSException's since daemon code is not
allowed to not work. It has to punt to a level that can retry,
no matter what goes wrong with the outside world. Hey, you never
know... a solar flare might have taken out the server I'm
taking data from!

Are there any overriding reasons to shift an old body of code
over to the new method?

|   Dale Amon                  Immortal Data                    |
|   CEO             Midland International Air and Space Port    |
| amon@vnl.com       "Data Systems for Deep Space and Time"     |