dmca-activists

[DMCA-Activists] Re: IP: FCC INITIATES RULEMAKING TO EXPLORE DIGITALCOPY

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Re: IP: FCC INITIATES RULEMAKING TO EXPLORE DIGITALCOPYRIGHT PROTECTION --- note deadlines
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 11:47:24 -0400

Dave:

This NPRM is for *digital TV.*  It's really bizarre how this
summary incorporates an appeal to *programmers* who may be
"reluctant to distribute content in the absence of an
effective scheme to prevent unauthorized copying and
redistribution of digital media."  It's so carefully pitched
to divide and conquer the constituency most literate in
issues of information freedom -- even though the NPRM in
question doesn't apply to software code.

As Jerry Brown once said:  This is truly bizarre.

LOL

Seth Johnson

--

[CC] Counter-copyright:
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/cc/cc.html

Original authorship should be attributed reasonably, but
only so far as such an expectation might hold for usual
practice in ordinary social discourse to which one holds no
claim of exclusive rights.