dmca-activists

Re: [DMCA-Activists] ADMIN: Why dmca-activists?

From: Seth Finkelstein
Subject: Re: [DMCA-Activists] ADMIN: Why dmca-activists?
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 23:36:46 -0400

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 03:42:07PM -0400, David Turner wrote:
> I ask everyone here to tell me what you want out of the list.
> Should I make it moderated?  An announcement list?  Should I post a
> free porn picture every day?  Is the competition simply too stiff,
> and so should I just close the whole thing down?

        Well, I think it depends on how much effort you'd like to put
in. My take is that the network-effect has favored dmca-discuss for
discussion. And DMCA discussion itself is not exact rare these days.
So the issue is what value you'd like to add. This can be the effort
of moderating, or journalism, or somehow trying provide something not
done by other forums. But the key variable is how much thankless work
you can stand (1/2 :-)).

--
Seth Finkelstein  Consulting Programmer  address@hidden  http://sethf.com
Anticensorware Investigations - http://sethf.com/anticensorware/