Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Brasilian integration

From: Sasa Ostrouska
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Brasilian integration
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 20:30:40 -0300

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Laurent Destailleur (eldy)
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Le 30/01/2012 10:52, Sasa Ostrouska a écrit :
>
>> On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Sasa Ostrouska<address@hidden>  wrote:

>>> Hi Cam,

>>> Ok I will try to make a diff of the pt_BR files from my tree to the
>>> 3.1.0 stable sources I have downloaded.
>>> This can then be added upstream I think without any big troubles, or
>>> in any case adopt easier to the master tree.

>>> Thanks for the tip, I will look into it, and will try to direction my
>>> work this way, by developing a module
>>> with specific Brasilian stuff in it.
>>>
>>> Rgds
>>> Saxa

>> Ok I have took a look at this module and most probably this will be
>> the way to go.
>> Now I want to ask another question, which is about the taxes we have in
>> Brasil.
>>
>> All taxation of a product goes according to the NCM code, which is
>> basically a HS code
>> first 4 numbers and then other 4 numbers typical for the Mercosul
>> countries.
>>
>> This NCM code defines the various tax levels, as far as I know for
>> both imported products
>> and manufactured products locally are subject to the same taxation,
>> defined by NCM code.
>> NCM code is what we already have in Dolibarr 3.1.x as a custom code field.
>>
>> My question is, do you think is better to extend the fields in the
>> products table to match
>> the taxations or use the custom code as a foreign key and create
>> another table where
>> the taxes will be defined in ?
>
> Second solution looks better.
> Another solution is having the NCM code into your own table, with your own
> tab to edit it on the product. Link between you table and the product table
> will be on id of product (stored into your table).

Ok I will try to test few variants. I think that is no need to have a
separate table for NCM code, because
custom code goes translated literaly nto NCM code. Those 2 are the
same. Only difference is that NCM
is typical for Mercosul countries, but all of those afaik are based on
HS (Harmony System) code.