Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Translation clean-up primary/secondary language

From: Destailleur Laurent
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Translation clean-up primary/secondary language
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 14:16:09 +0200

Hi Oli.

I included your script into directory
dev/translation

I made minor changes to have it better: I revert logic by first reading the primary language then after the secondary instead of the opposite. Doing this allow us to have secondary files built with keys in same order than primary file.
I also added option to be able to process and generate delta files in one command.

I finally ran ths script for de_AT so now into github for the develop branch you should have the de_AT containing only delta keys (there is an exception for key starting with "Format" and "Separator" into main.lang file. For this keys, we want/need them into all language code but o modified script to also manage this.

Hi Oli,

Didn't test your work yet but it sure will be a nice addition to the translation toolbox. Congratulations!

Developers scripts are usually stored under the "dev" directory at the Dolibarr's project root. I'd put your script into "dev/translation".

A nice addition would be to also check all "primary" languages against the en_US reference language. I'm sure there are a bunch of errors there as well.

Ultimately, we'd need a tool that understand the multiple "langs" calls in PHP files, extracts all the "translation keys", and check that the reference language have them. Add this to our CI server and we'd have the ultimate language verification toolbox!

Cheers,

Hello all

I wrote a little PHP script to clean-up secondary language translations (e.g. de_AT). It finds some nice errors in primary and secondary language translations... :-)

Task: Can you please test the clean-up script for your specific language and give me your feedback (especially errors!)?

Candidates to test are: de_AT, en_XX (XX != US), es_XX (XX != ES), fr_XX (XX != FR) nl_XX (XX != ?) pt_XX (pt != PT), ru_XX (XX != RU?), zh_XX (XX != ?).

I tried to do it in a way that also non-latin languages should work. Please let me know if there are problems (arabic, hebrew, cyrillic, JKC, etc.)

Question: where should this script be stored/kept? Would it be interesting for other multi-lingual projects as well?

Usage:

./strip_language_file.php langs/de_DE/admin_primary.lang langs/de_AT/admin_secondary.lang
File langs/de_DE/admin.lang:
Key DispenseMontantLettres is redundant in file langs/de_DE/bills.lang (line: 218).
----
File langs/de_AT/admin.lang:
ERROR in file langs/de_AT/admin.lang, line 2: * Language code: de_AT
Key ModulesJob does NOT exist in primary language (line: 79).
Output can be found at langs/de_AT/admin.lang.delta.

It might also be necessary that you clean-up your primary language as well. So please study the error messages carefully

Please let me know what you think about and the results...

Regards,
Oli

http://gpcsolutions.fr
Technopole Hélioparc
2 avenue du Président Pierre Angot
64053 PAU CEDEX 9
SARL GPC.solutions au capital de 7 500 € - R.C.S. PAU 528 995 921