Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Field for TAX ID in contacts

From: Sasa Ostrouska
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Field for TAX ID in contacts
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 17:28:16 +0000

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 12:37 PM, Developpement | Open-DSI <address@hidden> wrote:
Le 17/11/2016 à 11:38, Sasa Ostrouska a écrit :
Hi Laurent, I understand that, but what happens when you need to use a company employee contact and have this information stored ?
Now we do use the Notes field to list it, but would be nice to have it in its own field.
Why don't you use an extrafield ?

Regards

Philippe

Philippe, yes I am aware of the extra fields, but the thing is that adding this as an extra field would probably cause problems in the future upgrades and so on. Since IMHO this is a rather important field for a person contact, probably even more important than having skype, phone, fax and other thousand variants of various contacts I would like to get developers or users opinion on why not including such an important field.

I find this field more important than have and birth date field in third contacts.

Rgds
Saxa