dotgnu-auth

[Auth]Re: macs, Andromeda, DotGNU, and you

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: [Auth]Re: macs, Andromeda, DotGNU, and you
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 21:30:18 +0200

Mario D. Santana <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have no idea what Andromeda plugins will look like (does
> anyone?)

I'm not sure whether anyone has thought really hard yet on what they
should be like.  You'll find a test plugin though at

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/dotgnu-see/andromeda/server/test.cpp

don't be disappointed when you find that it's pretty trivial :-)

> My original plan was to rewrite macs in C, piece by piece and where it
> makes sense, once the prototype was fully functional. I don't know how
> difficult it would be to make Andromeda plugins that would work with the
> stand-alone vision I have for macs.

It's certainly a responsibility of the DotGNU-SEE project to
make sure that it's not too difficult to make such plugins. :-)
(The plugins can be in any language that gcc is capable of
compiling into a native executable.)

> Still, I would love to make macs a part of DotGNU.

Great.  Could you please send me some text for the listing of
masc on http://dotgnu.org/proposals/active.html ?

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com