dotgnu-auth

[Auth]Re: macs, Andromeda, DotGNU, and you

From: mds
Subject: [Auth]Re: macs, Andromeda, DotGNU, and you
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 10:35:12 -0700

Norbert Bollow wrote:

> (The [Andromeda] plugins can be in any language that gcc is capable of
> compiling into a native executable.)

Excellent. Then probably all the DotGNU-specific hooks for Andromeda can
be kept in a separate file, and whether to link that file or the
stand-alone init can be a configurable thing. Yes?

> Great.  Could you please send me some text for the listing of
> masc on http://dotgnu.org/proposals/active.html ?

Here you go. I used the FrePort listing's html as a template. BTW, it's
actually macs, not masc. =)

Cheers!

mds

------>8------>8------>8------>8------>8------>8------

purpose authentication, authorization, and user-profiling backend,
frontendable by anything. macsDG will be a DotGNU-specific project to
integrate macs with DotGNU, by creating macs clients, and extending macs
servers, to plug into the <a href="../see.html">Secure Execution
Environment daemon (SEE)</a>. These clients will protect the SEE via the
servers. See the README on the <a href="http://macs.sf.net/";>macs page</a>
for an overview. (The SEE could be in the ??? box in the diagram.)

The plan for the time being is to continue development on a macs
prototype until it is fully featured and functional. At that time, the
macsDG project will begin writing macs clients for the SEE, while the
macs servers are refactored/rewritten. Finally, macsDG will extend the
new (non-prototype) macs servers, adding a compile-time option for making
SEE plugins out of them.