dotgnu-auth

Re: [DotGNU]Re: [Auth]IDsec for PHP 1.0

From: Albert Scherbinsky
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: [Auth]IDsec for PHP 1.0
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:03:28 -0500

Gopal V wrote:

> > As luck would have it, I also happen to be ready to
> > release
> > a beta version of a Single-Login Client.
> Is it GPL'd . then we are *very* interested. After all
> we're a GNU project
> > called "Liberty Guardian".

Large chunks of Liberty Guardian are LGPLed.  I have LGPLed
the SIML and PIBX libraries whose spec was hashed out here,
on this list. :) Libxml is LGPLed. IDSec and SIML appear to
be quite complementary by the way.

Other large chunks are not GPLed or LGPLed. Various open
source software is used in Liberty Guardian under various
other open source licenses. And, finally, other large chunks
are proprietary to Liberty Guardian such as the browser
integration, the user interface and the Tamper Resistant
Software stuff.

The Guardian application itself will be released as fully
functional shareware.  I happen to be one of those crazy
people who likes to write software just because I think it's
fun. However, to continue to have fun, money is a necessity.
I am also looking for opportunities to work with other
companies to integrate open decentralized virtual identity
functionality into their software.

I would like to believe that the Open Source community and
Businesses can work together to make the Software Industry
better for everybody. I hope to be one example that proves
that point.

Regards,
Albert Scherbinsky
Drop by at: http://members.rogers.com/alberts/

Convenient control of our personal information:
Single Login:
http://members.rogers.com/alberts/single.htm
Simple Interface Markup Language:
http://members.rogers.com/alberts/siml.htm