Re: [DotGNU]gcc?

From: Charles Iliya Krempeaux
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]gcc?
Date: 04 Aug 2001 02:08:26 -0700

Hello,

On 04 Aug 2001 18:47:14 +0000, Scott Lanham wrote:
> How does gcc not being modified to compile to IL and JavaVM (other than java)
> affect DotGNU?

I guess that depends on what the goals of the DotGNU project are.
(Although I have an idea of what they are, I'm not sure if
they are all explicitly spelling out anywhere.)

If creating developer tools is part of the goals of the DotGNU project,
then (language) compilers are important.  And one way to provide
`developer tools' would be to hack GCC to compiler to IL, JVM, etc.
(Although, it isn't the only way.  As Rhys Weatherley is demonstrating
with cscc.)

See ya

     Charles Iliya Krempeaux