[DotGNU]Internet C++

From: Jose Gonzalez
Subject: [DotGNU]Internet C++
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 01:37:35 +0200

Hello everybody.
I'm new in this forum so i'm sorry if what I say has already been mencioned before or it's not right at this moment
(anyway, I haven't seen anything about this in the FAQs)

If my ideas are OK, Melody is a intermediate step to accommodate several high level languages, with
different features (pointers, multiple inheritance,...) over a bytecode choosen from several posibilities (JVM, M$ CLR ,..)

My question is: it's not posible to solve this problem using the an appropiate bytecode? I mean something like Internet C++
(http://www.xmission.com/~icvm/), a bytecode that can fit the requirements of an avanced language like C++. This will prevent us
for using another intermediate step.

On the other hand, it's the question of compability with other bytecodes, but perhaps there are other avantages (speed, ...)

Thank's a lot

José González
address@hidden