Re: [DotGNU]ANDF, TenDRA - Where is the current version?

From: Carsten Kuckuk
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]ANDF, TenDRA - Where is the current version?
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:03:45 +0200

Hans-Olof,

The following comment can be found at
http://www.slashdot.org/features/98/10/20/116240.shtml
<<<<<

Thank you for forwarding this document.

Current DERA work on ANDF (Score:1)
by Rob Andrews on Thursday October 22, 1998 @07:34AM
(User Info) http://alph.dera.gov.uk/TenDRA/
<<<<<

This link (from the document) is dead.

A quick description of the current status of the TenDRA/ANDF
work within DERA.
<<<<<

So it seems as if the TenDRA project itself is dead. Even the e-mail
address given in the TenDRA documents bounces.

A small clarification of Bruce's article is that not only have DERA
not patented any aspects of the technology, but we have actively
published those techniques which we feared that others might seek
to patent.
<<<<<

This seems to be the huge advantage of TenDRA/ANDF. It's sufficiently
different from Java and C#, free of patents, open source, and a
free implementation is available that can be used to validate new
developments.

DDC-I is using ANDF for a Ada 95 Compiler System

see
http://www.ddci.com/support_free_white_papers_andf.shtml,

http://www.ddci.com/news_vol1num2.shtml
"Building a Better Bullet Train",

http://www.ddci.com/news_vol1num3.shtml
"Building Embedded Applications Using Multiple Languages"

and
http://www.ddci.com/news_vol2num3.shtml
"Proven SCORE IDE Integrates With Leading RTOS"
<<<<<

I've printed them out and will study them on my way home.

Thank you for this information.

Carsten Kuckuk