Re: e: [DotGNU]Copyright waivers for developers?

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: e: [DotGNU]Copyright waivers for developers?
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:30:50 -0700

Bill Lance wrote:

> > I'm not so paranoid about this as some seem to be,
> > but
> > I don't want to be underhanded about it.
> > --
> >

> I do not believe that it is possible to be excessively
> paranoid about Microsoft's behavior.
>
> A source I know works in the legal department of a
> company developing a "shared source" agreement with
> MS.
> MS is demanding a full list of all employees of the
> company.  When asking the purpose of this, she claims
> she was told that those names will be added to a
> database of people that will be sued if they ever show
> up as a contributor to a GPL'ed project.
>
> This is second hand info, but I do not doubt for a
> moment the ability of MS to plan and execute such a
> lowlife, underhanded scheme.

This only hilights our need stop MS.  These gestapo tactics
will destroy freedom.  We can't be any more careful at this
moment - and if most organizations and corporations knew
what was good for them, they'd submit to our policies in
these issues.  MS does not simply represent a threat to
users and the direct market.  Control of the information
infrastructure represents the ability to control any
information.  We are no longer in a simple battle of wits.
This has become a form of direct warfare.  We are now
fighting to exist as a community...

        -Barry