Re: [DotGNU]A Stargazer snapshot...

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]A Stargazer snapshot...
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:51:42 +0530

If memory serves me right, Vassilis Pandis wrote:
> thinking of using SourceForge but register at Savannah
> too, and have all Savannah links point to Sourceforge

SF.net might not be good if you want this to be part of
the GNU project ..

> Ps: Could it be a part of the DotGNU package ?

Yes ... as we should provide secure,stable and high availability
service ..

> ( among other uses; it does not have any DotGNU specific
> code anyway, it's a general purpose load balancer ).

Might be the real reason why nobody is talking too much about it ..
Of course, we would love to have it bundled along with DotGNU .. I
am more inclined to think that the GNU project is more appropriate
for such a general purpose tool ....

But personally, without a KISS load balancer , life might become a
bit complicated for a webservice system .. I would like this to be
a GNU project and recommended by the DotGNU webservice framework ..
(like Apache is recommended by PHP)

Gopal