[DotGNU]list: What everyone (else) is working on

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: [DotGNU]list: What everyone (else) is working on
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 16:47:26 -0600

OK, I've tried to parse the happenings of the past couple of weeks, and here seems to be the latest workings from all you hardcore(1) dg contributors:

Peter Minten (silvernerd): Forum, Manifesto, WGs
Gopal.V (t3rmin4t0r): codegen fixes for pnetlib, site
Charles Shuller (Kyeran): Filesystem stuff
Rich Baumann (biochem333): Icalls, site
Chris Smith (ChrisS): Goldwater API wrappers, SEE/VRS comb
Rhys Weatherley (rhysw): Parrot codegen
Sylvain Pasche: JVM codegen
Jonathan Springer (springjp): pnetlib testing, C# codegen fixes

Finally, the tentative meetathon data AFAIK is 9-10 Nov. And here is the current(?) status of the WGs:

at the moment there are still 4 WG leader posts open, it would be nice to have
them filled in time for the meet-a-thon (next weekend). The posts are:
* Foundation code (pnet and libs)
* Webservices
* Authorization (there is dog-auth-wag but I haven't heard of a WG leader there)
* Business

For the following WG's the following people are candidates:
* Architecture - Chris Smith
* PR - Gopal V.
* Philosophy - Peter Minten

Ok, now to clean out my newly bloated DotGNU mail folder.

(1)http://www.tuxedo.org/jargon/html/entry/free-software.html: "Hard-core proponents of the term "free software" sometimes reject this newer term [open source], claiming that the style of argument associated with it ignores or downplays the moral imperative at the heart of free software." (What else did you expect from Eric Raymond? :)

--
Stephen Compall
Also known as S11001001

Sometimes I think that perhaps one of the best things I could do with
my life is: find a gigantic pile of proprietary software that was a
trade secret, and start handing out copies on a street corner so it
wouldn't be a trade secret any more, and perhaps that would be a much
more efficient way for me to give people new free software than
actually writing it myself; but everyone is too cowardly to even take
it.
        -- RMS, Lecture at KTH (Sweden), 30 October 1986