Re: [DotGNU]Language plugins for cscc

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Language plugins for cscc
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 15:04:09 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> The real issue is one of support code.  Because the C# plugin
> wouldn't have direct access to the "pnet/codegen" stuff, it will
> be necessary for the plugin to implement its own code generation,
> option processing, type handling, etc, etc, etc.

Hmm.... that would be a lot of work wouldn't it ? ... But this would
be an almost idea way of porting IL compilers written in *any* language
to run in CSCC ...

Because with this idea I develop the compiler in Python or Perl or even
Java ?.. We're not restricted to C here..

But of course duplicating the IL loading routines in python might be
slightly more challenging ;-) ....

Gopal