Re: [DotGNU]Virtual Identities

From: Mario D . Santana
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Virtual Identities
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 14:26:14 -0500

Peter,

Yes, your outline is right. But the devil is in the details. We know the basic outlines of what VI wants to do, and we have some solid ideas on how to do it, and we have some vague notions of what the whole thing will look like. Once we have the base pieces in place, I'm sure they'll evolve into a coherent whole under DotGNU's guidance. address@hidden does new stuff, near as I can tell. It's tricky, and developers are few. Not to mention that I am clearly not Rhys!

While I'm out of my cave, I may as well "announce" that an ugly demo of macs is forthcoming. It's been delayed by travel and the fact that I seem to be spending more time producing slides than code these days. I think in a week I can have it show off some features without crashing. (Ha!) Then we can get to work implementing the FrePort aspect, which will go a long way towards meeting the ultimate goal of VI. See http://users.ids.net/~nightspd/freport for some outdated details on that.

Cheers,

mds