Re: [DotGNU]A request for help ... a mass effort

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]A request for help ... a mass effort
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 04:17:15 -0800 (PST)

--- Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> wrote:
> James Michael DuPont wrote:
>
> > Yes that is when you are creating a node for the first time. not
> based
> > on another node? That is the meaning of _create right?
> >
> > But for the cases where you *DO* clone, does it not make sense to
> > create an extra set of functions for the job?
>
> Perhaps.  Treecc could easily be modified to output two or three
> sets of "create" functions, instead of just the plain one.  e.g.
>
>     ILNode *ILNode_Add_create(ILNode *expr1, ILNode *expr2);
>     ILNode *ILNode_Add_create_on_line(char *filename, long linenum,
>                                       ILNode *expr1, ILNode *expr2);
>     ILNode *ILNode_Add_create_clone_line(ILNode *cloneFrom,
>                                          ILNode *expr1, ILNode
> *expr2);

This is exactly what I was thinking. Great.

> If you want to look into adding a treecc option to support something
> like that, across all of treecc's supported languages, then go ahead.

OK, I will do that. That would be a nice and easy starter. :)
In fact, this is very interesting indeed. If we can easily add in new
classes functions like that, then the treecc will be very very usefull
in building class frameworks.

> C++, C#, and Java may actually be easier than C, because you could
> use overloading on the constructor.  C will require multiple
> functions.
Absolutly.

On a differnt note  :
Today, ajmitch checked in the debian package code for treecc and I was
able to build via dpkg. We are almost done with our port of GTK+ and
when that Is over, I will try and get pnet compiled via the cross
compiler. That would be nice, because it produces native binaries,and
you dont need cygwin to run them.

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/