Re: [DotGNU]A request for help ... a mass effort

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]A request for help ... a mass effort
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 02:52:11 -0800 (PST)

OK,
Sorry to send this twice, I hit send before accidentally.

I have the newest cvs, and have targeted the following create
statements to look into. It seems that most of them do not have any
lines attached.

I will be working the files in cs_decls.tc, and associating then with
CloneLine to another node that should contains a line number.

In terms of diagnostics, I will add a simple error message for myself
at  the end of cloneline to complain if there is no line number in the
source objects. Then will work back to find where the parent is.

cs_decls.tc:149:        node->staticCtors = ILNode_List_create();
cs_decls.tc:168:        ILNode_MethodDeclaration_create
cs_decls.tc:177:         ILNode_NewScope_create(node->staticCtors));
cs_decls.tc:539:        bodyList = ILNode_Compound_create();
cs_decls.tc:541:        ILNode_MethodDeclaration_create
cs_decls.tc:547:         ILNode_NewScope_create(bodyList));
cs_decls.tc:574:        LNode_List_Add(bodyList,
ILNode_NewScope_create(stmt));
cs_decls.tc:671:        CSAddInitCtor(info, ILNode_Assign_create
cs_decls.tc:735:        node->initializer =
ILNode_SemGuard_create(node->initializer, value);
cs_decls.tc:740:        ILNode_Assign_create(node->name, node->initializer));
*/
cs_decls.tc:741:        node->staticCtor = ILNode_NewScope_create
cs_decls.tc:742:        (ILNode_Assign_create(node->name, node->initializer));
cs_decls.tc:937:        ILNode_Empty_create();
cs_decls.tc:941:        ode->body = ILNode_Empty_create();

static void CloneLine(ILNode *dest, ILNode *src)
{
        yysetfilename(dest, yygetfilename(src));
        yysetlinenum(dest, yygetlinenum(src));
}

Here is a breakdown of _create staments in csharp/*.tc

The C files have expanded and duplicated code so :
cs_attrs.c:0      is standalone
cs_gather.c:4     is standalone
cs_lookup.c:0     is standalone
cs_modifiers.c:0  is standalone
cs_semvalue.c:22 is standalone
cs_valdoc.c:0    is standalone
cs_scanner.c:11     is standalone

cs_nodes.c: total of 27 creates
-- this is comprised of the following .tc files
"cs_defs.tc"  0
"cs_misc.tc"  3,   but is split between this file and semantics.c
"cs_stmt.tc"  7,  but is split between this file and semantics.c
++++++++++++++++++

cs_semantics.c:   total of 127 creates
  -- this is comprised of the following tc files
"cs_cast.tc"      0
"cs_const.tc"     7
"cs_decls.tc"     14
"cs_invoke.tc"    10
"cs_lvalue.tc"    57
"cs_misc.tc"      3   but is split between this file and nodes.c
"cs_oper.tc"      31
"cs_semantics.tc" 0
"cs_stmt.tc"      7     but is split between this file and nodes.c
"cs_types.tc"     0

now the grammer is a bit different, it has cloneline, and we will leave
it for now
cs_grammar.c:23 -- calls to CloneLine
cs_grammar.c:180 -- calls to _create

mike