[DotGNU]Reminder - Weekly DotGNU Meeting

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]Reminder - Weekly DotGNU Meeting
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 01:14:01 +0530

DotGNU holds weekly meetings to discuss any issues
of relevance; to allow the developers to catch up
with each other; and to allow new members to ask
questions and find out how to join in.

The meetings are conducted via IRC in the channel
#dotgnu on irc.openprojects.net at the following
times:

    Saturday 1000 UTC
    Saturday 2200 UTC

The first is best for DotGNU members east of UTC
and the second is best for DotGNU members west
of UTC.  Some of the key DotGNU members attend
both meetings.

The logs of #dotgnu are always available here:

http://ajmitch.dhis.org/dotgnu/

Note: the times are UTC, not GMT.  That is, they
do not include daylight savings adjustments during
the northern summer.  If you have a Unix system,
then the command "date; date -u" will give you
your current time in both local and UTC, allowing
you do determine when the next meeting will occur.

(Rhys)

I have to confess ... I have no idea what we're going to talk
about ... But here's a list of things worth talking about ...

The C# compiler support is undergoing a good amount of deep skunk work
in my part with FlowAnalysis gaining about 10 nodes a day . So it is
at about 46 nodes down as of now . (with the basic cases being
reported)

Rhys is working hard on the library support and seems to be writing
Crypto APIs and their testcases as well as a lot of other things . And
we have new people working on the test cases and the library (like
Michael Moore, Jeff Post, and ,an old friend Sidney Richards) .

In Re to Xml parsers , I'm talking with Daniel Veillard of libxml2 to
improve my libxml# (aka dotgnu.xml) libraries .  The new Push parser
in libxml2 is a nice thing and I'm thinking of wrapping that in as a
Stream Parser to allow parsing of streams.

But we'll just have to wait till cscc gets libxml2 compiling to have a
fully managed Xml parsing library :-)

Also I'm really thinking about stopping FlowAnalysis to get back into
the Xml library development .. Need to talk to Rhys about that .

Simon Guindon has promised to look into Jabber.Net and report back on
the actual requirements of Jabber from Pnet, which will be interesting
. He's promised to look into the meeting if his time (and jabber
client) allows..

Dan from Parrot has sort of said he'll look into the IRC meeting's
second session or at least read logs . So people can look out for the
speed guru from Parrot. The subject of parrot having nearly 4 G
opcodes in range , and the addition of our opcodes, might just feature
there (parrot now has >900 opcodes)...

Gopal