Re: [DotGNU]WinForms on amd64

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]WinForms on amd64
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 03:41:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Calling all libffi gurus ..

> 0x0000002a9569508b in XCreateWindow () from
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so
> (gdb) bt

> the size not matching. I will try to simulate
> the scenario with a simpler .so file
> tonight/tomorrow.

I've the bug cornered in a VERY simple test case .
http://t3.dotgnu.info/code/dyncall-test.tgz

It prints
address@hidden dyncall]$ ./test.exe
dpy : (nil)
window : 42
(x,y) : (1, 2)
(w,h) : (3, 4)
border : (5)
depth : (6)
class : (7)
visual : ((nil))
mask : (cafebabe)

in x86 (pentium4)

And

address@hidden:x86_64]=->ilrun test.exe
dpy : (nil)
window : 42
(x,y) : (1, 2)
(w,h) : (3, 4)
border : (5)
depth : (7)
class : (0)
visual : (0xcafebabe)
mask : (66b000)

on x86_64 .  Strange , but looks like the mask being
passed as visual is the bug here ?. I'm unable to
determine whether this is libffi, pnet's marshalling
or something else . Can the experts have peek at this
?.

Gopal