dotgnu-libjit

[Dotgnu-libjit] libjit with linear-scan register allocator

From: Shasank Chavan
Subject: [Dotgnu-libjit] libjit with linear-scan register allocator
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 15:24:51 -0700

Hi.  I'm currently testing out our jit using the libjit library which contains the linear-scan register allocator - I pulled in what I think to be the latest available source at http://code.google.com/p/libjit-linear-scan-register-allocator/source/checkout.  Several issues have popped up, and I wonder if anyone has some news on when/if they will be fixed.

1) IREM_UN seems to give the wrong results:

        --> y is an incoming jit_type_uint that has the value 2821473675.
        temp2 = jit_value_create_nint_constant(function, jit_type_uint, 23);
        temp3 = jit_insn_rem(function, y, temp2);
        jit_insn_return(function, temp3);

This should return 11 (as it does when optimization_level is set to 0).  But instead we get garbage.

2) There is not support for LSUB_ADD, LMUL_ADD, LDIV_ADD.  Any thoughts on when this will happen (if it hasn't happened already)?

This new register allocator is really good compared to the default in libjit, and so I'm really tempted to use it.  Would you see it's production level yet, or is it still in a prototype shape?  Thank you.

- Shasank