dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] RE: Trouble with install on Mac OS X

From: Jason King
Subject: [Pnet-developers] RE: Trouble with install on Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:33:03 +0100

Hey Enrique, thanks for your help. In a nutshell, with your help I have now
solved the problem, but in a slightly different fashion.

To answer your questions:
1. I did not use the CVS package.
2. Thanks for the tip on "Make" versus "Make all".  Optional question: is
there a difference?
3. Again, optional, but I am not sure what "rehash" does and I can't find
any man pages on it.  If you have time, would appreciate an explanation.
4. Thank you for your explicit explanation of adding the path to .cshrc
file. I know how to set up paths!  Furthermore, I have gone a stage further
and indeed edited the /etc/csh.login file which I understand runs whenever
anyone logs in (I got this from the man pages for "tcsh").  I appreciate
also that the path pointing to X11R6 may not be found if you don't have XWin
stuff installed, and that if you don't, then no harm done.
5. It seems that I did not in fact need to update those other tools you
mention.
6. For the sake of any other newbies, the ~ in the path that Enrique
mentions essentially means "home folder". Also, in order to see your current
path, you can issue the command "echo $path" to see the goods.

In the end, your solution has helped me greatly and I now have a working
PNET!  Thanks again. (now just to learn about rehash and make vesrus make
all....)

Jase

Regards,
Jason King