dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] Re: Trouble with install on Mac OS X

From: Enrique Zamudio
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Re: Trouble with install on Mac OS X
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:39:38 -0500

Did you download release 0.5.8 or directly from CVS?

> So, to summarise:
> Mac -
> Logged in as root
> Unpacked the treecc tar balls
> Move to relevant folder
> Treecc "./configure" seems ok
> Treecc "make all" seems good

you can just type "make"

> Treecc "make check" reports: Pass run_tests and All 1 tests passed
> Treecc "make install" seems good, treecc is found in directory
> /usr/local/bin/
> Unpack pnet tar balls

ok here you should type "rehash" so that you can find treecc, otherwise you
won't find it.
Also, make sure you have /usr/local/bin in your path. By default you use csh
in OSX so go to your home (type "cd") and edit the file called .cshrc,
that's where your path is set. If it's not then add a line like this:

set path=(/bin /usr/bin /sbin /usr/sbin /usr/local/bin ~/bin /usr/X11R6/bin)

> pnet "./configure" does its thing and terminates after reporting
> that it cannot find treecc (config log attached)

you should also update automake, autoconf, libtool, and maybe even pkgconfig
(I'm not sure about that last one). You can download those from gnu.org

Hope that helps,
eZL