dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] DGEE / Goldwater

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] DGEE / Goldwater
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:52:00 +0100

> ./dgeestart
> Initialising local Goldwater administrative processes....
> Initialising process Guardian....
> Error Initialising Administrator (Goldwater is not running)

Pascal, I'm writing an FAQ to cover these questions.

Have a look at what the dgeestart script is doing.
It does a goldwater start
followed by a goldwater boot

The "goldwater start" command initialises IPC (see command ipcs)
and launches a process called 'guardian'.

I suspect that this process is dying or failing to start.

this may be because you're running as the wrong user or something else.

If you've got the default install (under /usr/local/)  you'll find some
logs in /usr/local/var/log/dgee/
there is stdout, stderr and dgee.log

I suggest you check those and see what is happening.
Also look for the guardian process.
Also try running the dgeediagnose script.  This will do some checking
on IPC settings.

You should run the scripts from their installed locations too
(/usr/local/bin etc)
and not from the dgee or goldwater src trees.

Lets see what you find.

Chris