dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] System.NotImplementedException when implementing E

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] System.NotImplementedException when implementing Environment.GetSpecialFolder
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:20:46 +0530

If memory serves me right, Yannis BRES wrote:
>           IL_METHOD("GetSpecialFolder",
>                     "(vSpecialFolder;)oSystem.String;",
                                                ^^
there is your problem ....

That should have been "(vSystem.Environment/SpecialFolder;)oSystem.String;"

You either have a talent for finding bugs or you are just plain unlucky ;-)

Curiously ... just about the time you sent this mail , we were talking
about mkint.sh in #dotgnu ;-)

Jul 22 19:27:52 <Rich333>       yeah... mkint.sh is much easier... just
                            make in pnetlib, and then run it in pnet/engine...
                            no hassle
Jul 22 19:28:00 <t3rmin4t0r>    yes ...
Jul 22 19:28:05 <t3rmin4t0r>    before you had to
Jul 22 19:28:23 <Rich333>       manual entries into int_proto.h, iirc

makes you laugh, doesn't it :)

The ilinternal will handle nested types in a couple of hours ...

>      By the way, in InfoMethods.cs, the comment preceding GetSpecialFolder
> states that null is returned when the special folder is not known.  However,
> it seems that the MS Framework never returns null although it does return
> empty strings for Desktop and MyComputer, which are virtual folders.

Oh.... modify and document :)

Or if(path==null) return ""; inside the Environment class ...

Thanks,
Gopal