dotgnu-pnet

Re: RE : RE : RE : [Pnet-developers] System.NotImplementedException when

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: RE : RE : RE : [Pnet-developers] System.NotImplementedException when implementing Environment.GetSpecialFolder
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:15:44 +0530

If memory serves me right, Yannis BRES wrote:
> > release dates . So I hope you won't mine me juggling with
> > your functions , names etc... keeping the logic the same ?
>      Actually, I planned to tell you that this code would probably need some
> reordering in order to fit your standards, but I didn't have time.  So I
> guess I don't mind ;-)

K, I will commit this with re-ordering but only after the next
release as this sounds too much like a failure point :) .. Is that
ok with you ?... too many #ifdef's needed .

>      Still by the way, isn't there somewhere a shared empty string ?  There
> is one in System.String.Empty.  This wouldn't be a huge speed-up, but why
> loosing time in allocating memory and adding another reference for the GC to
> manage for such things ?

Hmmm... I really don't know how modifying the return value might affect
the original (if it won't then there's already a copy being made ;-)

> > commit this code , I'll do so and create a
> > new ILPathGetSpecialFolder() function.
>      I'll try to remember that :-).

Yes, pnet/support/ is where all the platform issues are concentrated.

That's all for this patch for now :)
Gopal