dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] Tortoise

From: Andy
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Tortoise
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 21:14:53 -0000

I followed the instructions specified at the link provided.  I have copied what I think is the correct section and I have included the output.  The point at which I hit a problem is providing a blank password to TortoisePlink.  It isn't obvious to me whether this a problem for Plink or the Savannagh server.

This is much too difficult...very disappointing

https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=dotgnu-pnet

excerpt...

Anonymous CVS Access

This project's CVS repository can be checked out through anonymous CVS over SSH with the following instruction set. The module you wish to check out must be specified as the modulename. When prompted for a password for anoncvs, simply press the Enter key.
The SSHv2 public key fingerprints for the machine hosting the cvs trees are:
RSA: 1024 80:5a:b0:0c:ec:93:66:29:49:7e:04:2b:fd:ba:2c:d5
DSA: 1024 4d:c8:dc:9a:99:96:ae:cc:ce:d3:2b:b0:a3:a4:95:a5

Software repository :
export CVS_RSH="ssh"
cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/dotgnu-pnet co dotgnu-pnet

When prompted for a password in the TortoisePlink dialog I just press enter, the net result being that I get access denied as follows...

In C:\cvsnt\wip\dotgnu: C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe -q checkout -P .CVSROOT=:ext:cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/dotgnu-pnet co dotgnu-pnetcvs
checkout: warning: unrecognized response `Access denied' from cvs servercvs
checkout: warning: unrecognized response `Access denied' from cvs servercvs
checkout: warning: unrecognized response `FATAL ERROR: Server sent disconnect message' from cvs servercvs checkout:
warning: unrecognized response `type 2 (SSH_DISCONNECT_PROTOCOL_ERROR):' from cvs servercvs checkout:
warning: unrecognized response `"Too many authentication failures for cvs -z3 -d"' from cvs servercvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)Error, CVS operation failed

Rgds
Andy