dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] Double buffering

From: radek polak
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Double buffering
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:47:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,
I am implementing control, that uses double buffering for drawing, but when i
run this control, i am getting flickering when control is repainting.

I am quite sure I have set up everyting well. Pnet controls do flickering too
(e.g. text box, tree view) anyway.

I was taking a quick look how double buffering is implemented and i've put
some Console.WriteLines to track it down. It looks like double buffering
functions are called properly and everything should work.

Can somebody reply any of these questions please?

1) Am I missing something?
2) Why do I get flickering?
3) What is current status of double buffering?
4) Can anybody send me working sample winforms or xsharp application with double
buffering?
5) If double buffering is not working, can anyone tell me where should i start
with fixing?

Thanks a lot for any help

Radek