dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] Re: Double buffering

From: radek polak
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Re: Double buffering
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:19:51 +0200 (CEST)

> Try overloading OnPaintBackground and do nothing in this method (do not
> even call base.OnPaintBackground, just leave that method completely empty).
> Instead, do the background painting as part of OnPaint.
>
> C'ya,
>         Marc

Thanks for reply Marc. I added these lines to my control, but it did not help.

  protected override void OnPaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e)
  {

  }

I was searching irc logs and found this:

<tum> rhysw: do you want to look at my xsharp flickerfree patches?
<tum> i'm wondering if they should be checked into cvs.  the xsharp changes are
"non breaking" - i.e. unless you set a certain property, xsharp functions as
before
<rhysw> what exactly does "flickerfree" do?
<tum> avoids calling XClearArea which causes the xserver to draw the background
color -- which is what causes the flickering because it bypasses the double
buffer

I wonder where if this patch ever hit CVS or not.

So my control still flickers. Any other ideas?

Radek