dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] int ILMethodIsStaticConstructor(ILMethod *method)

From: Tim Nichols
Subject: [Pnet-developers] int ILMethodIsStaticConstructor(ILMethod *method)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:23:33 -0800

Hi -

I'm a newbie to this list, so forgive me if I'm breaking any protocol here. :-)

I notice ILMethodIsStaticConstructor (and ILMethodIsConstructor) get called quite a bit. Is there a reason why the result of the test (which involes a strcmp) isn't cached?

I added the following to program.h for this purpose.
ILUInt8 isStaticConstructor; ILUInt8 isConstructor; once these are set, I can then simply check these values inside ILMethodIsStaticConstructor (and ILMethodIsConstructor) instead of doing the complicated check involving the strcmp.

This seems safe, or am I missing something?

- Tim