dotgnu-sc

[Dotgnu-sc] [Fwd: dotgnu.org]

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: [Dotgnu-sc] [Fwd: dotgnu.org]
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:29:38 -0400

Here is the e-mail that I sent to the domain reseller.

        -Barry
--- Begin Message --- Subject: dotgnu.org Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:27:38 -0400
Hello,

        My name is Barry Fitzgerald and I am a member of the DotGNU Steering
Committee.  Yesterday, I found out that you had acquired one of our
domain names (dotgnu.org).  Unfortunately, the domain name was not
renewed by mistake.  DotGNU is part of the GNU project and we had
entrusted the renewal of our domain name to a GNU volunteer.
Unfortunately, there was a miscommunication and this particular domain
was not renewed.
        I know that the Free Software Foundation, a Boston-based non-profit
founded in 1985, is far into the process on a trademark application for
GNU, which they've used in interstate commerce since their inception.  A
GNU volunteer simply forgot to renew the domain, so I think it is
reasonable to transfer the domain to us for the fees you paid to get it
plus $50 for your trouble.  We'd like to establish the domain name as
soon as possible.  Thank you for your time.

        Sincerely,
                Barry Fitzgerald

--- End Message ---