dotgnu-visionaries

[Visionaries] C backend to assist in quick porting to other OS/Processor

From: Nelly5Home
Subject: [Visionaries] C backend to assist in quick porting to other OS/Processor types
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:26:40 EDT

Sorry if this has already been answered (I am NOT asking about GCC parsing MSIL).

Is it feasable to make the Runtime take the PE files,  translate them to C code and then Invoke a C compiler (GCC, sunPRO, MSVC, etc) to produce .o files, link an executable and then run it.

I'm wondering if this would achieve good-enough executable times for running on less DotGnu supported environments such as Solaris/Sparc.

Neil