dr-geo

Re: [Dr-geo] [GD 64458] Re: Use GooCanvas

From: Gurjot Singh
Subject: Re: [Dr-geo] [GD 64458] Re: Use GooCanvas
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:16:52 +0530

On 25 July 2014 08:11, .Org.Com <address@hidden> wrote:
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#AllCompatibility says:
>
> "GPLv2 only" can't be used GPLv3 or later.
>
>>> and as you said that
>>> clutter is being used more, go with it.
>>
>> I hope this won't be an issue with GNU standards.
>
> You need to "Convey copied code under GPLv3", as
>
> "LGPLv2.1 gives you permission to relicense the code under any version
> of the GPL since GPLv2. If you can switch the LGPLed code in this case
> to using an appropriate version of the GPL instead (as noted in the
> table), you can make this combination."

I am trying to make use of Clutter which is an open source (LGPL 2.1)
software library.
Correct me if I am wrong but I think I can just it without specifying
anything since Dr. Geo's code is now in GPLv3+.

--
Gurjot Singh
Blog: http://bhattigurjot.wordpress.com

"It takes a person who is wide awake to make his dream come true." ~
Roger Babson