dr-geo

Re: [Dr-geo] [GD 64458] Re: Use GooCanvas

From: Gurjot Singh
Subject: Re: [Dr-geo] [GD 64458] Re: Use GooCanvas
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 16:57:24 +0530

On 25 July 2014 10:16, Gurjot Singh <address@hidden> wrote:

>> You need to "Convey copied code under GPLv3", as
>>
>> "LGPLv2.1 gives you permission to relicense the code under any version
>> of the GPL since GPLv2. If you can switch the LGPLed code in this case
>> to using an appropriate version of the GPL instead (as noted in the
>> table), you can make this combination."
>
> I am trying to make use of Clutter which is an open source (LGPL 2.1)
> software library.
> Correct me if I am wrong but I think I can just it without specifying
> anything since Dr. Geo's code is now in GPLv3+.

Just to clarify, I am using Clutter library as such and not using its
source code as in "copy code" section.
So in my opinion this is in compliance with GNU standards.

--
Gurjot Singh
Blog: http://bhattigurjot.wordpress.com

"It takes a person who is wide awake to make his dream come true." ~
Roger Babson