Re: [Duplicity-talk] Amazon s3 crashes

From: Greg Hewgill
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Amazon s3 crashes
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:21:42 +0000

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 05:50:23PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> I'm using version 0.4.4.RC4 to do a full backup to s3 and after creating
> around
> 150 volumes I get this error:
> boto.exception.S3ResponseError: S3ResponseError: 400 Bad Request

I had the same problem and created a patch so the S3 backend would
recognise the --num-retries switch. Kenneth commited my patch last week
or so. Either wait for the next release version, or get the current
version from CVS, or apply the patch yourself:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/duplicity-talk/2007-11/msg00032.html

Hope this helps. I was able to back up 30 GB in 4685 volumes to S3.

Greg Hewgill
http://hewgill.com