[Duplicity-talk] Version 0.4.4 Released

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.4.4 Released
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:05:50 -0600

Hi folks,

It's been a while and not near as much done as I would have liked.
However, I decided to release what I had so far and stop the RCs.
That's more for more significant changes.

As usual, you can download from:
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/

...Thanks,
...Ken

New in v0.4.4 (2007/11/23)
------------------------------
All the changes in RC1 through RC4 plus:

Changes to ftpBackend to use a temp login config file rather
than putting the username and password on the command line.
This requires the use of NcFTP 3.1.9 or later.

Thanks to a patch from Greg Hewgill the Amazon S3 backend now
uses --num-retries to retry IO repeatedly if needed.

Changes to commandline processing to allow non-ambiguous short
strings for commands, i.e. 'i', 'inc', 'incr' for 'incremental',
'f' for 'full', etc..  A warning message is printed if the short
command is not unique.  Note: this already works for options, so
I just applied the same idea to commands.

Applied a patch from Gregory Hartman to correct handling of DST
in time calculations.  This affects backups made the night of
a DST time switch.