Re: [Duplicity-talk] recommendations for first backup?

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] recommendations for first backup?
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 07:54:00 +0000

Peter has made some good suggestions. Uptime, rather than bandwidth is my problem. My solution is to use duplicity to backup to an external usb drive and then rsync to my ISP.

I have also split my backups into stuff that gets modified and stuff that doesn't (archive). I have archive set to do full backups every 6 months, rather than weekly.

Ian.
I have about 150GB of data to transfer to an ISP in one big mount-point (for the first backup). Is there a reasonable way to start and stop the initial transfer so I can schedule it to run over a set of evenings?