Re: [Duplicity-talk] recommendations for first backup?

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] recommendations for first backup?
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 23:21:26 +0100

> Peter has made some good suggestions. Uptime, rather than bandwidth is
> my problem. My solution is to use duplicity to backup to an external usb
> drive and then rsync to my ISP.

One thing to be mindful of here is to always rsync WITHOUT --delete, prior to
rsyncing WITH --delete. Otherwise you'll have incomplete backup(s) on the
target for the duration of the rsync, as rsync deletes files before adding
new ones.

(In addition to the other dangers of --delete)

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to address@hidden