Re: [Duplicity-talk] ftp and short filenames prob

From: AJ Weber
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] ftp and short filenames prob
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:38:24 -0400

Yeah, the "staging drive" was what I was now testing.  But then I need something "restartable" to copy the backup to an offsite location.  Besides rsync, what can you think of that can simply perform a directory sync?

The problem with the backup-partitioning is that it would be very easy to start missing files and directories as they're created, unless we can come-up with some creative scripting with the --include/exclude's.  If I explicitly define the dirs under the root of our main "share", then if someone creates a new directory at the root, it'll never get backed-up.

Can I use the regexp's to define which of the top-level dirs to include (and then include ALL files and folders recursively beneath those)?  In other words, only use the include/exclude regexp to determine the top-level, and NOT to filter anything else?  If so, this could be a way forward...just do alphabetical ranges of folders and then one to do any files (not folders) resting directly at the root.

-AJ