[Duplicity-talk] include/exclude patterns

From: AJ Weber
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] include/exclude patterns
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:43:28 -0400

OK, (me again).

So if I try to write a script to include specific dir's to split-up the overall backup, I'd think of trying something logical and simple such as alphabetical ranges of top-level folders, PLUS a separate backup for any top-level files not contained in any folders.

But I'm trying to figure out a test-pattern and nothing I try will work.

For example, if my backup root is /misc/nasdisk1, and I try --include '/misc/nasdisk1/[w]*/**'
I get some funky message about it thinking I want to do all files and that's the default, so it is exiting.  What I'm asking for is to backup all top-level directories (top level under the virtual root of /misc/nasdisk1) that start with the letter "w".

What am I doing wrong???

Here's an example of what I tried:

address@hidden ~]# duplicity --verbosity 5 --encrypt-key "9C8ED9EA" --sign-key
 "9C8ED9EA" --include ignorecase:'/misc/nasdisk1/[w]*/**'  --archive-dir ~root/backupCache /misc/nasdisk1 "ftp://address@hidden/DISK 2/duplicity"
NcFTP version is 3.2.1
Using temporary directory /tmp/duplicity-MEvL3K-tempdir
Last selection _expression_:
    Command-line include glob: ignorecase:/misc/nasdisk1/[w]*/**
only specifies that files be included.  Because the default is to
include all files, the _expression_ is redundant.  Exiting because this
probably isn't what you meant.
[