[Duplicity-talk] Can one safely run multiple instances to the same targe

From: Eric B.
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Can one safely run multiple instances to the same target?
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:09:17 -0400

I am trying to set up my cron job to run duplicity at specified intervals.
One question that comes to mind which is a concern is what happens if a
second instance of duplicity is launched with the same parameter list before
the first is completed?  Does duplicity use a semaphore system (ie: lock
file, etc) to ensure that two instances aren't trying to write to the target
at the same time?  If not, should there be something?

I will code my duplicity calling script to use a lockfile to ensure that 2
crons aren't launched simultaneously, but think that this might be something
of interest to add to v0.5.  A couple of quick tests I ran, launching the
same duplicity command with the same parameters simultaneously, came back
with duplicity crashes.

Thanks,

Eric