Re[2]: [Duplicity-talk] Explicity filelist?

From: Paul-Kenji Cahier
Subject: Re[2]: [Duplicity-talk] Explicity filelist?
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 21:10:43 +0200

>?Paul-Kenji Cahier wrote:
>>?Hello all,

>>?I was wondering if there's any way to feed duplicity with an explicit file
>>list.
>>?Since I can not restrict the list of files I want by size(ie size < xxx KB)
>>in duplicity
>>?I'd want to use find to generate an extensive filelist and have duplicity
>>use it.

>>?Does that sound reasonnable? And if not, what would be suggested to do a
>>size-restricted
>>?backup with duplicity?

>?Use "find . ( ! -size 5G ) > list.txt" to find all files less than 5Gig
>?in size.  See the "find" man page for other options.

>?Then use "duplicity --include-filelist list.txt ..." to back them up.

>?...Ken

Well yeah, generating the list wasnt really the issue.(find is pretty much
basics)
I just wasnt very sure that duplicity would support file lists.

Anyway, so far it seems to work I think.
I wanted to backup /home, so generated a file list with full path and then ran
duplicity--include-filelist full.list.txt --exclude /home /home
ftp://address@hidden/path/

Am I doing anything wrong?(using --include-filelist only is not enough,
duplicity wants a path argument)
(this concerns 400GB of data, so it surely will take some time, so if I did
wrong I wouldnt know...)