[Duplicity-talk] Version 0.5.06 Released

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.5.06 Released
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 08:33:21 -0600

Folks,

Along with bug fixes and enhancements this time comes a simplified
install for new users with the removal of python-pexpect as an external
download.  We also have the start of the process to add Python 2.6 to
the list of supported versions.

You can download the new duplicity from:
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/

...Thanks,
...Ken

New in v0.5.06 (2009/01/09)
---------------------------
Fix to deprecation warnings about sha and md5 modules.
Uses hashlib if available, otherwise original module.

Added loop to run-all-tests.sh to run all tests against all supported
versions of Python if available.  Looks for 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6.

Noah Spurrier has given us permission to distribute pexpect.py along
with duplicity, so this will no longer be an install requirement.

NcFTP version 3.2.0 will not work with duplicity since we require the
use of both -f and -C options on ncftpput.  3.1.9, 3.2.1+ work fine.  I
put in error checks for this situation in the FTP backend code.

bug #25230: --include-*** only including first entry.
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?25230

bug #25239: Error during clean, wrong case in duplcicity
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?25239

patch #6709: Report correct number of volumes when restoring
https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6709

sr #106583: document the need to use the --force option
https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?106583