[Duplicity-talk] Imap Support - Bug in urlparse_2_5.py

From: Ian Barton
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Imap Support - Bug in urlparse_2_5.py
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 18:59:15 +0000

Generic Imap backend support would be useful to me, so I have decided to write a new backend module based on the Gmail one. However, I am having a problem with urlparse.

I have copied the class init from the Gmail backend. When I run Duplicity with the following command:

duplicity full -v9 ~/blosxom imap://address@hidden:mypassword/INBOX

the variable parsed_url contains the following:

('imap', '', '//address@hidden:mypassword/INBOX', '', '', '')

From my understanding of urlsplit it should be split into five components, which doesn't seem to be happening correctly here.

Second question:

I don't want to hard code the mail server into the backend. Would it be best to embed it somehow in the url, or use a separate option?

Ian.