[Duplicity-talk] Status of imap support?

From: Michael Schneider
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Status of imap support?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:22:11 +0100

Hi,

I would like to know the status of general (not gmail) IMAp support in duplicity.

According to http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php?6297
imap support shold be in duplicity, but the current version (5.06) does not ship with a
generic  imap backend, but with a gmail-backend.

The comments on said patch read "(google IMAP works a bit different)", so I assume that
just replacing the hard-coded references to gmail in gmailbackend.py by
 another imap-server will not work...will it?

-Mike