[Duplicity-talk] Duplicity with FAT32 backup disk

From: Eric Lynch
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity with FAT32 backup disk
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:21:50 -0500

I would like to use duplicity to backup my home directory to a USB
disk, formatted FAT32.  If I do:

  duplicity $HOME file:///media/usbdisk/target_dir

will I run into problems with FAT32's 4 GB file size limit if $HOME is
larger than 4 GB?  I ask because of the statement on the duplicity
home page that says "Duplicity backs directories by producing
encrypted tar-format volumes...".  Does duplicity create a single tar
file containing the entire backup?

Thanks,
Eric