Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.6.05 unable to continue after partial incremental

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.6.05 unable to continue after partial incremental backup
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:25:30 -0500

Andrew Kohlsmith (Mailing List Account) wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I started an incremental backup yesterday but wasn't able to allow it to
> complete, so I ^C the duplicity process (I run it manually) and figured it
> would ignore it or continue when I ran it again.
>
> I was wrong.
>
> I don't get a clear error as to why it's unhappy, and I don't see a partial
> incremental backup set in my backup directory.
>
> re-running the backup script with -vdebug doesn't leave me any wiser, but I
> would like to post the output here in hopes that someone may be able to help
> me correct whatever it is that duplicity's unhappy about.
>
> As stated above, I run duplicity manually and back up to a local directory (I
> rsync it manually whenever I have fast internet access).

It looks like it never got a volume logged in to the manifest, at least
from this part of the log:

         Incremental         Mon Sep 14 18:03:41 2009                 0
         Incremental         Tue Sep 15 07:28:44 2009                 0
         Incremental         Tue Sep 15 07:42:49 2009                 0
         Incremental         Tue Sep 15 07:43:56 2009                 0
         Incremental         Tue Sep 15 07:44:44 2009                 0
         Incremental         Tue Sep 15 07:45:35 2009                 0
         Incremental         Tue Sep 15 07:46:52 2009                 0
         Incremental         Tue Sep 15 07:47:29 2009                 0
         Incremental         Tue Sep 15 07:51:09 2009                 0

I thought I had special cased that but I had only special cased the part
where (number of manifest volumes) not equal (number of remote volumes).
 The case you hit was that both were equal and zero.  I'll get it fixed.

You should be able to run 'duplicity cleanup --force' and do your
incremental again.

...Thanks,
...Ken