Re: [Duplicity-talk] Mirroring a Duplicity Repository from S3

From: Brandon Simmons
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Mirroring a Duplicity Repository from S3
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 18:11:10 -0400

> I've used s3cmd in the past to manage my S3 remote files:
>
> http://s3tools.org/s3cmd
>
> I found it way easier to install than s3sync.... but that was mainly
> because it was in the portage tree for Gentoo :-)

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been using s3cmd but I hadn't noticed
the 'sync' command until now.

We actually moved to duplicity partly because we seemed to be having
data corruption issues with s3sync, so I'm glad I can avoid that.

It looks like I can use the 'sync' command with the '--skip-existing'
option to accomplish what I want.

Thanks a lot,
Brandon Simmons
http://coder.bsimmons.name/blog/